Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You Need Project Manangement

Yeah, you may think you get stuff done without project management. But that isn't the point - anyone can get stuff done. The key to sustainsblity and growth is to get stuff done efficiently and effectively. That is the purpose of project management to me. More effectively means a better product or service and happier customers. And more efficiently means quicker and with less resources.

I have been around the DC tech community for almost 2 years and I want to get some discussions going about how to get stuff done more efficiently and effectively. I don't mean anything too formal or process heavy. I mean some simple application of the project management theories that work.

Email me, liz[at]the315[dot]com, if you want to talk about project management with me. This is what I do for a day job and I actually enjoy it.

1 comment:

Badmojo said...

I do Project Management Software for a living (mostly). I used to work on dotProject but joined the web2project team last year. My involvement has been mostly on the support/planning side... building the MS Project Importer and the Risk Management Module. Recently, I've been moving into building out a better set of operational tools to support in day to day PM activities. It tends to keep me busy. ;)