Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Generational Digital Divides

So, being a new aunt I wonder what her generation will experience as far as technical acclimation as second generation of digital natives (I am guessing the namers will come up with something more distinctive). Her parents are somewhat tech savvy as digital immigrants. Although I am generationally considered a digital immigrant, because of education, circumstances and my generational closeness to the brink, I consider myself a digital native. So, as her aunt I hope I can influence her to be on the cutting edge of her generation. And help her parents cope. Maybe it is bridging that generational gap that will make me of more use as an aunt. I am sure she'll naturally join the digital ranks.

And on a side note, they really should sell Girl Scout cookies online!

No comments: