Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The DC tech scene makes me happy

I have to say I am pretty impressed by what I have discovered in the DC tech scene. I get excited when I discover a cool event that is getting attention. I like the idea that I can attend such events and be surrounded by people that have a drive like me. It is so satisfying to have a meaningful and passionate conversation about something changing the tech industry or society as a whole. Afterwards, I like surfing blogs of the people I have met and find more common ground or thought provoking posts. I have lived in cities where such a scene doesn't exist or doesn't have the comradeship that you can find in DC.

We are definitely not the Valley. And I don't know what all this means in the larger picture- I haven't gotten that far, yet. But I am happy that I live here and now.

So, that said, I should reference Nick O'Neill's recent blog post on on the future of DC technology. Nick, I'll think about some ideas and post them here...

I will be at the MashMeet DC REMIX tonight.

1 comment: