Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Introductory Milestone

[I like this.]

I am sure that it won't take me very long to get used to this. So, I guess this could be a sort of milestone- at least the milestone at the beginning of this course. (This course being Digital Governance at the University of Pittsburgh.)

Since the rest of this blog will be about what I get from the course, I would like to reflect on what I am bringing to the course. This is what I can think of now:
- Currently I am studying for my Master of Science in Management & Technology at Carlow University. This course fits much better than I thought it would.
- Last term I enjoyed writing a paper and giving a presentation on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 and the Digital Media Consumer Rights' Act of 2005 (H.R. 1201). I think I would like to maybe go the IP Law route...?
- I have a Bachelor of Science Digital Media and a minor in Information Science & Technology from Drexel University. I first fell in love with this stuff in a Computer Ethics course where we discussed intellectual property law, among other things.
- I work full-time at a Federal Court. Can I say more than that?
- I possess a deep respect for cultural and legal comparative studies. I think that is the best name for it that I could come up with. I love talking to other people about that stuff.
- I have had some interesting experiences such as being an Art Director in Belize (Central America) for an internet marketing company and worked for the British Government while living in London. I love telling crazy travel stories and inspiring people to explore the world. But I am getting off course here...

Back to Digital Governance. My goal is to take these parts of me and further develop them into something related to Digital Governance... I think this should be pretty interesting.

So, now I am going to move on to the Lessig reading and I should have more course specific comments after a dose of that.

No comments: